• สุดท้ายนี้ ผมขอเปิดงาน ASEAN - India Expo and Forum 2017 และขออวยพรให้การจัดงานในครั้งนี้ ประสบความสำเร็จตามวัตถุประสงค์ และขอให้ทุกท่านได้รับประโยชน์จากการเข้าร่วมงานตามที่คาดหวังทุกประการ
by H.E. Mrs. Apiradi Tantraporn, Minister of Commerce
At ASEAN-India Expo and Forum
Thursday 3rd August 2017 at 09:45 hrs.
Ballroom, Queen Sirikit National Convention Centre
H.E. General Prayut Chan-o-cha, the Prime Minister of Thailand,
H.E. Mrs. Nirmala Sitharaman, Minister of Commerce and Industry of India,
ASEAN Economic Ministers and ASEAN Secretary General,
Ladies and Gentlemen,
1. On behalf of the Ministry of Commerce of Thailand, It is my great honor and pleasure to welcome all of you to Bangkok for the ASEAN-India Expo and Forum in Bangkok. Year 2017 marks a number of auspicious events namely the 25th Anniversary of ASEAN-India Dialogue relations, the 50th Anniversary of ASEAN and the 70th Anniversary of Thailand-India Diplomatic Relations.
2. In 2011, ASEAN-India Business Fair and Business Conclave was initially held in India. To emphasize the success of the first, India continuously hosted the second ASEAN-India Business Fair and Business Conclave in the year after. Thailand, on behalf of ASEAN, would like to preserve the goodwill and determination on reinforcing ASEAN-India economic integration and connectivity, therefore, Thailand is delighted to host the ASEAN-India Expo and Forum in Bangkok.
3. Over the past twenty-five years, ASEAN and India have been enhancing greater economic integration through the establishment of ASEAN-India Free Trade Agreement since 2010. With a combined population of nearly 2 billion people, approximately 25% of the world’s population, both ASEAN and India are among the most dynamic and fastest growing economies in Asia. Our abundant labour and natural resources as well as strategic locations as gateways to East Asia, Middle East and Europe, hence, form an ideal regional value chain.
4. To celebrate the 25th Anniversary of ASEAN-India Dialogue relations, the ASEAN-India Expo and Forum is set under the theme of Strategic Economic Partnership and Connectivity, with realization of untapped economic potentials and strategic partnership between the 10 ASEAN Member States and India through expansion of bilateral trade and investment including people-to-people connectivity. In this connection, Thailand is pleased to highlight two activities of the ASEAN-India Expo and Forum as follows:
5. The ASEAN-India Expo is divided into three zones.
1) Firstly, the Country Pavilion Zone, ten ASEAN Member States and India will showcase the best of their country reflecting economic strengths as well as trade and investment opportunities;
2) Secondly, the Exhibition Zone, selected exhibitors from 10 ASEAN nations and India with their outstanding creative and digital products altogether with 193 exhibition booths will display a wide range of products available in ASEAN-India market;
3) Thirdly, the Corporate Brand Zone is also designed under the theme of 'Creative and Digital' where eminent ASEAN and India companies showcase their goods and services.
[ASEAN-India Forum 2017]
Ladies and Gentlemen
6. In unleashing ASEAN-India untapped economic potentials, the ASEAN-India Forum is allocated into a number of sessions such as keynote speech session, roundtable discussion session, panel session with 3 key milestones of ASEAN-India economic relations namely
1) trade and investment opportunity,
2) connectivity through tourism and people-to-people
3) ASEAN-India Connectivity in relation to infrastructure, digital, financial, and SME cooperation. Each session will be represented by Ministers, high-level government officials, CEOs and academia. Last but not least, the Ministry of Commerce has also arranged special activities such as Business Matching and Site Visits for any interested participants.
7. With ASEAN-India shared goal and vision towards sustainable economic growth and prosperity, I strongly believe that ASEAN-India Expo and Forum will be an excellent platform for policy makers to discuss their strategy and policy direction and for business community to strengthen their business network and supply chain in the coming years.